Frontier Peace is the new face of The Liberty Alliance, surging out of its virus-shortened 2020 inaugural session at the Statehouse. Frontier Peace builds upon the inroads of Liberty Alliance to pioneer within a new political landscape in Kansas, one in which the uniquely libertarian message of Peace has found its voice.
Charter Purposes of Frontier Peace:
- To engage in consulting on matters of governmental policymaking, including the active advocacy for repeal, creation, or modification of laws consistently with the Christian-libertarian philosophy of limited government.
- To manage and operate the Association as an alliance of dues-paying supporters who assist on a regular basis in setting the issue priorities of the Association, provided such issue stances remain consistent with the Christian-libertarian philosophy of limited government.
- Unless compelled by law or court order, the Association and its staff shall never sell, gift, trade or otherwise disclose to anyone or any entity any personally identifying information or any contact information of any client participant in the Company’s membership association business.
- The Association is purposefully structured as a private non-governmental lobbying organization to provide maximum legal protection of the personally identifying information of its client-members.
Why is Frontier Peace the best way to promote Liberty and the surest way to separate church and state?
- It’s an affordable way for regular, everyday people to have a constant voice in the making of laws. Far too often, if issue concerns are out of lawmakers’ sight, they’re out of mind. It’s a huge mistake to assume that your elected officials serve as good and reliable lobbyists for you.
- All non-profit organizations (such as 501c3 or 501c4) are restricted in the allowed extent of lobbying they may do, but for-profit organizations are not. For-profit membership associations can also best assure their members’ legal privacy. Frontier Peace has received direct guidance from Kansas Governmental Ethics enforcers for operating our association lawfully in this fashion.
- Frontier Peace is non-partisan and has no connection with the Libertarian Party.
- Frontier Peace applies libertarianism in keeping with a Christian perspective, but remains non-denominational, tolerant and respectful of all faiths, and committed to universal nonaggression.
- Our Liberty philosophy is one of very limited government, advocating for reducing laws and regulations that go beyond the protection of peace, life and property, and that actively enforce judgmental social engineering. This “live and let live” approach respects a legitimate smaller role for government in our daily lives and is the best safeguard against a theocracy that tries to coerce any broader range of moral behavior.
- Staff expertise of Frontier Peace includes seasoned legal counsel, decades of Kansas lobbying practice on a wide range of high profile issues, in-depth relationships with dozens of key lawmakers, proven success in social media marketing, firsthand leadership within prominent state agencies, and many years of private sector (profit and nonprofit) organization management including think tank policy research.
our (your) issues
There is no way we could list all the possibilities here. As the FPA membership and resources grow, we will keep tackling a wider and wider scope of subjects at the Statehouse, but need to establish those priority issues for which progress is within reach. We routinely take the pulse of our members as they exercise FPA voting to rank their most passionate causes to champion — which is where we devote our resources. Here is a sampling of some that are consistent with FPA’s mission:
- Support School Choice
- Oppose the Death Penalty
- Oppose Abortion/Support Pro-Life
- Support Medical Marijuana
- Restrict Eminent Domain Powers
- Oppose Business Protectionism
- Oppose Property Seizures & Forfeiture
- Support Tax Reduction & Reform
- Oppose Corporate Welfare
- Oppose Government Debt
- Decriminalize Non-harmful Conduct
- Reform Judicial Selection
- Limit Government Spending
- Reduce Occupational Licensing
- Defend 2d Amendment Gun Rights
The real founders are personal mentors and libertarian icons throughout history who are highlighted in other sections of this site. The company founders, standing on the shoulders of those giants, are Bob and Jeff.
Bob Corkins is FPA’s chief lobbyist. A native Kansan and product of the state’s public schools, Bob is an attorney who has spent his entire career working in and around the Kansas Statehouse as a policy wonk and friendly influencer of laws. Beginning as a business advocate on tax policy for the Chamber of Commerce, Bob went on to lead a nonprofit libertarian think tank, an associated nonpartisan caucus of Kansas legislators, and some large and small Kansas government agencies.
Guided by his faith and inspired by the Libertarian Christian Institute, Bob’s latest adventure is Frontier Peace Advisors, the fusion of numerous hands-on experiences in limiting the role of government in our lives. Residing in Lawrence, Kansas, Bob has been married to the same wonderful wife for decades, boasts of two impressive adult sons, and will happily chat with anyone, anytime, about fly fishing, home beer brewing, and the peace of liberty.
Jeff Frye is FPA’s very engaged and engaging man-behind-the-curtain. Jeff, also, is a native Kansan who embraces the deep and diverse friendships he began building in his hometown of Hutchinson. He has spent his career as a financial professional and business owner in Kansas. His passion is for the freedom of his fellow Kansans, including the restoration and protection of their liberties that have been eroded by government overreach.
Jeff has been married to the same fantastic woman for more years than he has not, greatly proud of their three accomplished adult children and one grandson. In his free time he enjoys fly fishing, cooking, watching sports and being silly with his grandson.
Frontier peace advisors